What’s new? We look at the updated exams
Most of the exam changes are only minor revisions, but there are also significant updates to tasks in each of the three exams:
Pre A1 Starters – There is a new Part 1 task for Listening, where learners match names to people. The Speaking paper now has four parts.
A1 Movers – The Reading and Writing paper now has 35 questions instead of 40. Learners are now asked to complete sentences, respond to questions and write sentences about a picture. Listening has a new task, matching pictures with illustrated words or names. Learners will now also be asked their name and age at the start of the Speaking test.
A2 Flyers – Learners have to write a short story in the Reading and Writing paper, and will be asked their name, family name and age at the start of the Speaking test.
Find out more about the new exams
- You can download a PDF document to see a complete summary of the changes for all three exams.
- You can also watch this recorded webinar giving an overview of the updates on our YouTube channel.
- There’s also a second webinar, which describes the assessment criteria for the new tasks.
Support for the 2018 exams
All the materials you need to help you start preparing learners for the updated exams are now available for download from the Preparation Centre Brandfolder.
For each of the three updated exams, you can download a revised and updated:
- set of sample papers and Listening test samples
- teachers’ handbook
- word list
- word list picture book
- examiners’ comments document on the Speaking test.
More materials including flashcards, lesson plans and posters for your classroom will be added soon.
- Important updates about changes to Cambridge English: Young Learners - 15/09/2017
- Chương Trình Anh Văn Giao Tiếp - 12/04/2017
- CHỨNG CHỈ TOEIC, IELTS, TOEFL - 11/04/2017
- CHỨNG CHỈ CAMBRIDGE - STARTERS, MOVERS, FLYERS - 11/04/2017
- CHƯƠNG TRÌNH CHỨNG CHỈ A, B - THEO KHUNG CHÂU ÂU CEFR - 11/04/2017
Các Tin Khác: